hives with abdominal pain
What could cause a sudden attack of hives with stomach pain and diarreah? I had never had anything like this before, but yesterday about 30 minutes after breakfast I broke out in hives on my head and face, neck, underarms, under breasts, and lower abdomen. I had severe cramps that were below my navel and ran across both sides and lower back with more pain on the left side than right. I took benadryl for the hives and layed down in a fetal position until the pain passed. This episode lasted about 30 minutes and gradually subsided with the pain and hive slowly fading at about the same rate.
I dont know if this could have anything to do with it, but I have had a week long sinus infection and I have had chronic constipation for about 3 years though it has been manageable. I do not have any extra stress or anxiety.
Has anyone ever had this problem or know what it could be caused from? I appreciate any response. Thank you.
Can you say what you've been eating? It sounds like a classical food allergy.
I ate a biscuit with sausage and water to drink.
How old are you?
In childhood most often allergies are to soy, cow's milk, wheat, eggs, tree-nuts and peanuts
In adults: to fish, shellfish, peanuts and tree-nuts.
It may be practically any other food, or rarely an additive in the food.

The biscuit or sausage were different as other times?
I am 26 years old. The foods were the same that I have had before. I usually have this type of breakfast about twice a week.
Write down an exact brand of cookies and sausage and arrange the appointment with a allergologist, who will probably suggest a skin test with several allergens.

If your had swollen lips during this attack, you may have a self-test. Put a piece of the cookie or sausage on your lip for a minute and then observe for eventual swelling.
Sandb, get yourself checked for celiac problems. Yes..........it can 'suddenly' show up at 26. My husband was much older when we finally figured out what was going on.

Do check everything else, but back up with a test for gluten problems. Check with your family, too, to see in anyone - aunts, uncles, cousins, etc - has celiac issues.
Thank you all very much for your comments and advice. I will check it out.