Gastroenterology Community
how long gastritis will be heal

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

how long gastritis will be heal

i drink alcoholic beverages to much and im a chain smoker'  one day i feel sick i go to the hospital my doctor told me i' have gastritis' my doctor gave me PPI ameprazole, gaviscon liquid. how long gastritis will heal?

This discussion is related to four questions about gastritis.
There's really no way to be able to give you any kind of estimate on how long it will take gastritis to heal. Every person will heal at a different rate. However gastritis can persist for long periods of time even with the PPIs. Alcohol and tobacco are unfortunately not going to help the healing process. In addition, you may want to look into following a GERD-friendly diet. You can find a representative example at gicare.com.
i'm sure you know this already from my opinion it will take a very loooooong time if ever  to heal , your not helping yourself ? i'm sure you heard and read the instructions limit or avoid... smoking ,caffeine spice alcohol chocolates tobaccos try eatting the GUM and give your stomach a break perhaps you can heal your stomach and  give up those cigarettes and save some money smile ,  lots of times this conditon can escaluate into a serious condition if you don't heal this erosion  , what about a liver panel? i would be on my best behavior cause your looking for more serious issues on a diet of tobacco and booze, i would suggest a gastro scope and rule out polyps ulcers tumors
Avatar n tn
thank's a lot
Avatar n tn
thank's
Avatar n tn
my gastritis is on and off for almost 3months,
I have been on PPIs for four months now with no improvement in my Gastritis... If that gives you an indication of how long itcould take, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anything you can do...
How are you doing now?