Gastroenterology Community
how long is the hospital stay after gall bladder surgery?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

im still under age and i have huge gall stones and alot of attacks... i dont even kno wat kind of surgery i will have... i want to kno how long i would be in the hospital and recover... im scare so i dont kno who to ask or if im asking the right question... HELP!!!!! please. any little info would be great...
My daughter was your age when she had gall bladder surgery.  She was in the hospital over night.  I had my gall bladder removed several years ago.  I had large gall stones also and was discharged the next day after surgery.  If you have the lap surgery the recovery is very short (a week or two) and you will feel alot better.
thank you so much... im still ever scare but i kno that i have to do it... what is it lik after your gall bladder is removed...