Gastroenterology Community
hpylori

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

hpylori

I was diagnos with H pyori at the end of October.  I was giving a treatment and wentback and still was  positive  so they gave me another  treatment and once againI  went  to get tested andcame out positive.I took my pills and when they wee done I was a having really bad pain on my left side and would lay down and  would feel acidyalso I had most of the side affect that I did not  have with the other treatment. I went to the ER and the told me it happens after Hpylori is over because I had three treatment my good and bad germs are not balance.
For  the acid felling I drink alot of water and ate crakers for three days this seeem tohelp the acid feeling and stomach pains

I been eatting everymorning probotics yogurt to help balance my immune system.

my poop when I was first diagnose was really light pale brown really thin andstringy.   But after the water intake it comes out tan to brown s curve but I see  stuff in the poop that is white but not like a white out white o chalky.

I still haven't gotten tested to see if my hpylori  is gone.that will be this wed. What can this indicate?
Were the follow-up tests breath tests, or stool tests to check for the presence of 'live' bacteria or bacterial 'parts?' If not, the testing may not be giving you a true result.

Even after H. pylori is gone, it can take a long time to get your system back somewhere near normal. You may need to be following a GERD-friendly diet in addition to taking probiotics. But you might want to consider taking your probiotics in a non-dairy form. Dairy isn't recommended on a GERD diet and the 'count' number of friendly bacteria in yogurt isn't really high enough to do a great job in the presence or H. pylori, or it's subsequent aftermath. It's great for people who don't have overt issues, but................?
they were breath test both time

on wed I m going to have another  breathtest to make sure that it is gone.

isee aboutthe yogurt. I didnt know what protiotics to take because my stomach doctor did not tell me to take any. when I went to the er they werethe ones who told me about it than i called my stomach doctorand I asked her if i can eat the yogurt with the probiotics she said yes until I get the final results.

I went back and found out I was Hpylori positive and freaked out. The doctor is goingthe do a escopy to see my  stomach. I am really scare.