Gastroenterology Community
hunger pains that aren't real hunger pains
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hunger pains that aren't real hunger pains

Ok, this started about 5 years ago.  I started getting hunger pains, i took them as real hunger pains, but they would get a little worse after eating, i didn't have them very often then or as serious, so I didn't worry about them, they got a little worse each time, but still weren't that bad, about 2 years later, I was in high school, at softball practice after school, they hit hard, i've never felt so much pain.  It was like very sharp hunger pains, except 100 times worse.  It came all of a sudden and lasted the duration of the practice, i thought i just became starving all of a sudden, but i wasn't quite sure, my aunt picked me up from the practice and we went out to eat.  While I was eating, the pain became 10 times worse.  I was always able to tell the difference between fake hunger pains and real hunger pains after that.  Now, a few years later, I still get those pains every so often and once in a while, some of them aren't that bad, but once in a while they get to be like they were that day.  I was wondering what could be causing this, I have a history of acid reflux, but that has never been like this, i never got these hunger pains with acid reflux, what could it be?  Thanks.