hyperkinetic gallbladder...should the gallbladder be removed?
I have been having all kinds of gastro/digestive problems for a few months now. My symptoms have been, gas, diahrea, constipation, bloating, indigestion, and severe to moderate pain in the upper right abdominal quadrant. I have had an upper GI, ultrasound, and HIDA scan. I have a small hiatal hernia, small reflux, small zenker's diverticulum and a hyperkinetic gallbladder. The doc says none of these ailments could cause the severe symptoms except for the hyperkinetic gallbladder (HIDA ejection 96%) and that I need to have the gallbladder removed. It is very hard to find information regarding the symptoms of an overactive bladder. I did see one study that indicated people with this condition tend to benefit from the removal of the GB. Anyone have any experience or thoughts on overactive gallbladder and whether getting my gallbladder removed will likely ease the severe upper abdominal pain I have beeen dealing with?