Gastroenterology Community
i dont know if i broke a rib or pulled or knoted a muscle?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I work in a factory for almost a year. I have been doing the same job for now 3 months on a assebly line, I normally work in a diffrenet area but they have gone low on workers so i have been helping them out, and i felt pain in my upper ribs on my left side of my body. The pain didnt really bother me much and i thought i can get though the day with it. I went in early that day to the work nurse and she gave me tynol.(i think i spelled that right) and i thought it would go away. But the pills had no effect. Well i was wrong, the pain gotten worse and it got to the point where i cant take deep breaths and move much or even lift up something that could be no heavier than 10 pounds with out sharp pain. The pain i felt from my ribs  to my back and to my left arm was painful. Well the back and arm didnt feel that bad compared to my ribs. I was sent home and the only spot i could stay in was on a chair laid back with a heat pad on my ribs. after at least an hour the pain slowly went away. The serve pain i felt was gone after two hours but i still had some pain, but i was able to take "some" deep breaths. When i tried to lay in my bed i the only poistion i can stay in with out any pain would be my back. I couldnt lay on my sides with out serve pain. The pain fully went away after a full day. I went back to work like normal like nothing even happen to me. But today in the morning when i came home from work and i had a big breakfest i felt pain in my left side of my ribs again and i felt a knot on my upper rib. I toke a warm shower and i put a heating pad on it and i even messaged it a little till the pain wasnt as bad and i have able to fall asleep. I dont feel a knot now but i still feel a little something like a slight little pain on the rib. I have checked to see if i might have broken a rib or pulled one out of place but my ribs feel the same on both sides. So can you help me ? Do i need to go to the local doctor to get somthing done about it? p.s. i never had any form of surgery or injury to my body or ribs.