Gastroenterology Community
i know a way to get rid of sour stomach and nasty burps!

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

if you suffer from nasty burps and horrible stomach aches, and heartburn,, it can most likely be from eating tooo much protein and fat, especially animal foods and milk.  these things raise the hydroclhoric acid in your stomach.  The best and natural cure, and it is better for you and cheaper than going to the doctor.  ANd it really works, and FAST!!!!
MIx some baking soda with cold water and drink.  you will burp for like 5  minutes straight and then you will feel almost brand new again.  if you suffer sour stomach or rotten egg burps, you have to try this!  You will be so happy to learn this trick !!!  and you will feel relief within 5 to 10 minutes.. it is amazing!!!!!!

This discussion is related to Sulfur/rotten egg burps with gas � vomiting.
DOES THIS REALLY WORK ?  HAVE YOU TRIED THIS ? IS THIS ALSO WORKS FOR SOUR STOMACH ? HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU DONE THIS ? THANK YOU .I WILL TRY THIS ..
how much of the water do u drink and how much baking soda do u put into the water...i have poured alot in to a glass cause i cannot take this any longer.
There are instructions for this on the box itself.  I don't recommend doing this regularly or routinely, but occasionally.  It will work.  I use it once in a while myself, and it will help.  It is NOT recommended by doctors.  Occasional is one thing, but routinely is actually not a good idea.  I've been told that one should actually use a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a tall glass of water, more or less.  It can be diluted by quite a bit.  It sounds contrary because vinegar is an acid.  If you use the vinegar, be sure to get the unfiltered kind of apple cider vinegar.  Bragg's has a book you can order that would have more information, but you should be able to do an internet search for this one.
Or, do what I do when I get this, try not eating for a day. You're already feeling kind of sick from it anyway; give your stomach a break; that's what it's trying to tell you anyway. By the next day you will be feeling much better. And who knows, it just may springboard you into a healthier diet.
So I find the protein and milk thing interesting...
I am a very active person and typically have a high protein vegetarian diet when I am not totally vegan/ raw in the summer.

two weeks ago I had a weird party food item called "pig newtons" that someone made.. some sort of bread, lots of butter pan fry style with ham/bologne in it... I bloated up for over a week and had strange eating patterns after that.

then this weekend I thought it would be ok to order tilapia on a salad and it came fried as well. yuck. so I naturally ate it anyway. the next day I further broke into carnage by having some eggs.
as soon as I ate the eggs I got full on sour stomach. no diarreah (diarrhea), just horrible gas. I have had sour stomach before, but eating meat just KILLS me whenever I try. is it just the nature of meat or is part of the high protein I get from beans, nuts, soy, greek yogurt and everything vegetarian i eat throwing me over the line as well?
Wow! I have suffered with this problem all of my life. Super stinky burps, rotten gassy stomach, and the runs. My mother in law told me to do the same thing and it worked like a charm. I tried everythinh from alka seltzer to peptol and could never get better. I took about 4-5 oz of warm water, a tbsp of bakin soda, and a squeeze of a lemon andvwas better in less than 10 minutes. Thanks for this post!
You have responded to an old, outdated thread from 2009.  The people who originally posted these comments may very well have moved on.  Rather than reply to an old thread, we recommend that people start a new topic to discuss the subject anew.  To do that, please click on the green "Post a Question" button at the top of the page.  This will get your post the attention it deserves.  Thank you.
I don't get why they should when the post resolved their issue and mine.  
This post is fine as a reference post, but I recommend that if anyone has a question they would like answered, they should post their question as its own post.
I take pepto buismol for the sour burps ( rotten egg burps ) and it works instantly
My 9yr old daughter keeps burping egg why is this?? It's not the first time its happened,she is feeling fine in herself.
Just wanted advice as to why it maybe happening so often.
Thank You this was helpful because i'm tired of this.
I agree that a post and others experiences should not have a time restraint.

So, I read on line about trying baking soda. The reason I did was reading others success post. It worked in a few minutes. Half to one teaspoon baking soda per 8oz cup of water. I also took a spoonful of raw honey.

I've had a sour stomach all day and was awoken miserably from sleeping. I'm so excited to return to bed now.
you are so right me to
coccont water help sour burps, sour stomach and hurtburn. its really works. just drink coccount everyday. then you feel better
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers