Gastroenterology Community
i m getiing severe burning sensation in my stomach

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

i 'm 19 years female, since 2-3 years i m getting severe burning sensation in my stomach, rapidly every day, when i visits the doctor they say me its due to ur improper diet and due to consuming common spices like tamarind, chillies, chutneys, pickles, and other regular spices..,when i have the medicine for a day, then the pain reduces and dissappears in a few days, and with in a couple of weaks, i feel the burning sensation slowly increasing and it becomes the same worse position of mine, i had all the check ups and tests, its all normal, but i do not  know  how to kill this disease forever.
mmm that's not fun...

did the doctors give you a h. ploryi test? (I think I spelled that wrong..) checking for ulcer?  What you could try is go to the store and get some antacid and see if that improves *short term* (not a long term answer) and if it does then I'd go back to the doctor and throw a book at him or a garbage can, pick up a weight scale and throw that at him too.  

(just kidding)

Could be a simple ulcer.. if the test is negative you could go on a trial of nexium or something like that for 4-6 weeks.  Anyway just some ideas.
if you're drinking or smoking i'd stop...could be pancreatitis or just a common ulcer.  Did you do a endoscope?  That would answer a lot too..

Hi, I have burning in my stomach also.. had the endonscopy, blood work, ult sound.. all fine.   It burns with almost anything I eat..  Has stopped my life for the past 3 months since it starts, .. WAas a very healthy 44 year old female, till 3 months ago..  What can it be..  I have tried various foods/diets..  but always get the gut burn , around my ribs and a bit lower..   Help
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers