ibs/mentruation/sever abdominal distention
I have just been diagnosed with IBS.  I don't think I have it reading other postings.  I have had abdominal distention for 5 months, it has never subsided in the 5 months, gained 45 lbs., severe constipation, I feel like a fist is under my upper right rib cage, sometimes feel relief but moves to the left upper and lower side, pain urinating on right side, frequent urination, sharp movement or bending over shoots a pain thru my lower left and right pelvic area, extremely depressed and I feel like giving up.  Much worse during mentruation.  I have had an ultrasound, cat scan and mri on lower abdomen and pelvic area, my gyno is watching cysts on left and right ovaries, they have burst, but my body is not absorbing the fluids as it should.  My insurance company is not allowing further testing for 3 months.  Blood tests geared toward ovarian are negative.  I am waiting for blood tests to come back for Celiac desease, thyroid, lyme...  I have tried olive oil and lemon, apple cider vinegar, gluton free diet and supplements and nothing has worked.  I continue to gain weight...
Well, I don't know too much about cysts on ovaries, but it seems to me that if your gynecologist is "watching" them, but they have burst and the body isn't absorbing the fluid, then I don't think she's doing a very good job of "watching" them.  I mean, they've got all the scans they need to operate, to clear out what is obviously an ovarian cyst problem, and they'll need to get all the fluids and pus out of there, and remove any other cysts, and then they should get you on some medication for inflammation and infection!  Good grief.  I mean, gosh, you could lose the productivity of your ovaries if this thing festers, if you ask me.

Your symptoms are not normal.  Red flags are pain when urinating and pain in your lower pelvis when bending over, and since you're getting overly depressed during that time of the month, well, it just sounds to me like something is simply not right with your reproductive glands.

Yes, you can swell up like a balloon when you have IBS, but you can also swell up like a balloon when ovarian cysts go bananas.  I think it's your ovaries that are causing your so-called IBS problems.

If I were you, since your insurance company is whining about more tests, then go to the county health clinic, see a doc there, ask them to draw blood to check for anemia, red and white blood cell counts, anything that would indicate infection, and also a urinalysis test.  I think you should take your temperature.  If it's over 100, then I think you have an infection, and it really should be looked at as a symptom of those ovaries goofing up.

About all you can do as far as the IBS goes, in case you have that, too, is review all medications you take, to be sure one of them isn't bothering you... that happened to me, I was on Ativan and it did a number on my guts, swolled up, diarrhea, the whole nine yards.  Also, drink plenty of water, eat Activia yogurt from the grocery store, eat 100 percent whole wheat bread, eat Cheerios, eat salads and spagetti.  Get enough proteins, but preferably from eggs, not red meat.  Forget about all those vinegar and nongluten and whatnot solutions.  Just eat regular food, it's good for you.

Please keep us posted.  I especially want you to keep track of your temperature.  And I hope you will just do a "walk-in" at the county clinic, get new eyes on this and get  inexpensive basic blood and urine tests.  I would just be so upset, too, about this, makes me want to scream when I feel like someone is being shopped around by the health care system.