imperforate anus
Looking for any information for corrective surgery or colon pacemaker for adults who were born with an imperforate anus.
Hi there!

I understand the imperforate anus would have been corrected at a young age and what you are trying to describe is a GI motility issue. Well, management in such cases would depend on the exact pathology and its severity. While a few cases may do well with dietary changes, others may require a partial/ complete colectomy depending on the severity of the condition. It would be best to have this evaluated in detail by a gastroenterologist and depending on the primary condition and its severity, a management plan can be drafted accordingly.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Thank you for your response. The corrective surgery was done at age 2.
Recent evaluations indicate no motility in the colon. We have recently read of a colon pacemaker to stimulate movement. I am trying to find out if this procedure is being performed in the US.