Gastroenterology Community
indgestion - nasea and anorexia

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

indgestion - nasea and anorexia

My girlfriend (25 years old) has suddenly developed a severe indigestion problem from what it seems, but refuses to look at medications to treat her problem. She thinks that they'll all interfere with her other medications. If she consumes alcohol or eats a decently sized meal, she'll vomit for hours and feel miserable for the entire day and night. She can't enjoy what she used to, and has chosen to significantly lower her calorie intake and eat only plain, non-fatty foods. She also has an incredibly fast metabolism and weighs little enough as it is. I'm worried that at this rate, she's going to become anorexic. Does her problem sound like more than indigestion to you? I have it from time to time, but I've never thrown up and had flu-like symptoms for hours afterwards like she has. Could it be something related, but more severe? If it's simply indigestion, then I think I can leave her be and every so often try to nudge her in the direction of the doctors office. But if it could be a more severe problem that could end up seriously hurting her if untreated, I'd like to know what else she could have so I can tell her and hopefully get her down to the doctor. As it is now, I'm ignorant of the condition, and don't know enough to get her to take any action. I'm hoping some of you could provide your insight, and give me advice for what to do, or give me information on other problems that may be causing it.
It could be anything from GERD, gastritis, gallstones, IBS, motility problems to food allergies and everything in between. She needs to see her physician' only he/she can diagnose what's going on.