insufficient pancreas
I have been diagnosed with insufficient pancreas. I am in constant pain,nausea,etc.  I have lost a lot of weight and cannot gain it back.  What causes insufficient pancreas, will it lead to pancreatic cancer,what can I eat to gain weight, what can I eat to not have severe pain, and what can I do to stop the constant pain?  my email address is marge.***@****
If by insufficient pancreas you are referring to insufficient pancreatic enzyme production, you may want to speak with your doctor about supplementation with pancreatic enzymes which will often lead to improved digestion, especially of fats.

However, if your current symptoms are due to pancreatitis, your doc will probably suggest you start off with a liquid diet and then slowly transition to more solid food over time. He/she will also probably tell you that you need to adopt a very low fat diet, or other specialized form of eating habits. Once you can have more solid food, that would be the time to add the supplementary enzymes.
Will Insufficient pancreas ever go away? is there a cure for it? my 2 yr old has it.