intestinal fungus
I have been dealing with ongoing symptoms for the past 4 years, one of the more serious and embarrassing ones is my development of fecal incontinence when I run. No feeling of oh oh I gotta go, or I just pooped my pants, I just get done running and find the mess. I have seen a gastrointestinal specialist twice, 2 colonoscopies, 4 MD's, recently had rectal prolapse surgery and have tried dietary changes.  Nothing has "fixed" the problem. I recently visited a Holistic Health Specialist and was diagnosed with suffering from intestinal fungus, which also is believed to be adversely affecting my potassium and iron levels causing many of the other unexplained symptoms that started at the same time as my fecal incontinence. I have been a competitive athlete for the past 12 years with absolutely no issues until out of the blue this all this started.  I am hoping that this "fungus" is the root cause of my symptoms and am wondering if this could actually be a correct diagnosis? I haven't had any luck anywhere else, so I am very curious if anyone has had this and what/how they treated it.
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  Have you had an anal-rectal manometry done?