Gastroenterology Community
intrahepatic billary tree

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

intrahepatic billary tree

I had an abdominal ultrasound due a severe pain I had on the top part of my stomach. The report said that there was prominence of the central intrahepatic biliary tree measured 8mm and the report said it could be traced down in the head of the pancreas, but no gallbladder abnormality was seen. I was given liver function blood tests and the results were normal. My family doctor says I do not need to do anything about it, but I always feel a lot of gas and a little  discomfort around the liver area. I would like to know the cause for enlarged billary tree.  Do I need further evaluation?  

Your response is greatly appreciated.  

This discussion is related to Biliary Tree problems and ERCP.