Gastroenterology Community
is GERD or peptic ulcer can cause bad breath?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

is GERD or peptic ulcer can cause bad breath?

i had a intense bad breath that is bothering me started 2 months ago, i consulted to a dentist and cleared all my dental problems but i can still smell that stinky odor which i noticed also its presence especially talking with someone which back-ups away from me. I feel very pity to myself that i have this trouble. I have consulted to EENT and diagnose me with GERD and i take the prescibed medicine (nexium & alenix) once day, and i taken already 12 tablets where it seems no progress. With my EENT doc, also suggest to have a sinusitis x-ray which reveals negatively that its not causing the bad breath. My jobs are more on a field works and i am frequently eat my meals late which sometimes 2 meals into one eating. I have a suspicion that i symptoms of ulcer considering my meal habits. Is it for me to take Zantac? as i it is also treat with GERD. And finally doc, is GERD, ulcer or maybe sinusitis can cause bad breath? please help with my problem, its irritating?

please help me doc. i'm anticipating for your advises.

thanks