Gastroenterology Community
is it acid reflux

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

is it acid reflux

I do not know if i have acid reflux my doctor did not take any tests but i told her my symptoms and she said acid reflux so she gave me prilosec and i have been on it for 2 weeks and my one and only symptom has been vomiting/regergation of all food and drink is still happening is it acid reflux or could it be somthing else (I am not pregnent) Ii stopped eating somany things and i now it as bland as posable and i stiil vomit evan water. is that normal or should i get a second oppinon.
I would get a referal to a gastro. doctor.  I have severe GERD and I don't even throw up. You probaby going to need a endoscopy for a diagnosed..... hope you feel better....
Definitely go see a gastroenterologist.  In the meantime, keep taking the prilosec.  With so much reflux and regurgitation going on, the prilosec will help prevent your esophogus from getting so inflamed with the stomach acids.