Gastroenterology Community
just need opinions
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

just need opinions

I am a 16 year old healthy by. well was. i am very athletic and stay in good health. earlier this year i began having stomach pain. because i had my appendix removed and a previous hernia repair (umbilical) we went to see my primary physician for potential answers. he ordered a cat scan. when the results came back they found that i had an intusseseption. I met with a surgeon and had gone in two days later for surgery. well i came out of surgery and was told it had gone. Great! but i would still get the severe pain and attacks of diarrhea and pain in my upper left side of my abdomen. since then i have seen a gi doctor and had numerous tests done such as colonoscopy, endoscopy, capsule endoscopy, but the doc. still cant find anything. I have been put in bentyl  for my average every day pains, and it seems to work. but i  still get severe pains every one to two weeks. my gi has suggested to see another gi just for a second opinion. I have lost 18 pounds in roughly 3 months due to the pain and lack of appetite. My family has along history  of auto immune diseases, varying from rheumatoid arthritis to  scleroderma and others. as i said im just looking for opinions as to what it could be, i miss my active lifestyle and sports and am desperate for any answer or help in general.. thanks.
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation. Possibilities that may need to be considered include GI infection, inflammation, GI motility issues, dietary causes, malsorption syndrome, PO complications such as ischaemia/ necrosis, adhesions/ scar formation, hormonal/ endocrine causes, medication side effect etc. If GI causes have been ruled out, one might consider looking at other possibilities such as GU causes etc. At this time considering a second opinion with another gastroenterologist would be appropriate before looking at other possibilities.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care
Blank
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources