kinks in small intestine shutting down intestines
I am a stage 3 rectal cancer survivor, diagnosed in 2006. I had a resection done without having to have a colostomy. I keep having attacks about every few weeks of severe upper and lower abdominal pain and swelling. After a few hours I start vomitting. Once the vomitting stops after a several hours the swelling subsides but the entire gut area is so sore for a few days, I had adhesions removed last summer (2009) and they found that my small intestine loops closed (partially sometimes and totally other times when vomitting) . I have been hospitalized numerous times with this. Sometimes they say it is an ilius others a partial obstruction. Treatment has been nothing by mouth to shutting down the stomach with insertion of a NG tube until bowel movements start. I have discontinued fiber treatment several times because I don't seem to do well with it after a few weeks (1/2 teaspoon metamucil). Then the bowel movements get  smaller in size and then I start to get backed up again. I do take polyethylene glycol 17 grams per day to keep stool moving and it does well most of the time. Is it time to consider a removal of the small intestine? I have just had 2 episodes in 1 weeks time and I can't keep doing this.
I have something very similar and cannot find out what is wrong.  What did you find out?