Gastroenterology Community
knot opening of rectum

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

knot opening of rectum

I feel a knot at the opening of my rectum, size of marble also have large hemroid opposite side of marble. Any ideas.
If you're older than 35, you should visit your family doctor and have him look at it, to make sure you don't have colorectal cancer.  If you're younger, you can have hemorrhoids "inside," so perhaps that's what it is.  Again, a visit to the doc can determine what the situation is.  

Also could be you have a cyst growing there, which is a benign growth that can happen anywhere in or on the body, and as long as it doesn't hurt or bother you or get real big, you can just ignore it, and sometimes it will go away.  I get benign cysts all the time just under my skin, and if I put hydrogen peroxide on it, once in a while I can stop it growing, but that's usually when I find them on my face and catch them early.  The cysts I get are when pores in the skin get clogged up from oil or dirt, and then the little growth will form, and sometimes increase in size.  I've had a number of them taken off through the years when they get to looking or feeling ridiculous.  So, if that's what you have, and it bothers you, a dermatologist can take it off for you or some other surgeon that your doc might recommend.  And they routinely send it to a lab, to make sure it's not malignant tissue or anything.

By the way, for your actual hemorrhoid that you reported as well, you can put that ointment Preparation H on there, and it will shrink them so they don't bother you as much.  Also, you can put plain KY jelly on there, and that way when you have digestion, it won't irritate the hemorrhoid so much, which will help it heal and go away.  As you probably already know, they come from straining when you go, which means you aren't getting enough water and fiber intake.

I suppose it's also possible that you have a hernia there, which is when muscles are pulled and bulge out, but usually that hurts when it happens.  Again, a doc can look at it and decide if it needs repairing or not.  I have a hernia in my abdomen, but I have the kind that is not very large and did not cause too much pain, so it was recommended that I just leave it alone, and I am fine with it after a couple years now.
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers