Gastroenterology Community
lactose intolerant after gallbladder removal

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Im 17 and i got my gallbladder out in april. I havent had many issues since the removal, except for when i eat cheddar cheese. Within 10 minutes of eating it, my stomach starts to hurt and i start to get diarrea (diarrhea). Is it weird to becomd lactose intolerant after your gallbladder is removed?
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  I'm not sure if it is related to your gallbladder but people to randomly become lactose intolerant for no apparent reason.  Do other lactose products bother you?
Thats the only cheese that bothers me... i can eat parmizan and pizza cheese with no problem. And i dont drink alot of milk.
Harder cheeses (like parmesan) have less lactose in them then softer cheeses (like cheddar cheese).  If the cheese used in pizza cheese is more processed, then it will have less lactose.