Gastroenterology Community
large cyst on bowel

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

large cyst on bowel

I have a 10cm thought to be benign  cyst on my bowel found when I had laparoscopy it is not gynaecological I am waiting to see Sarcoma Specialist If it is benign is it safe to leave a cyst of this size and not have any treatment as I'm scared in case I end up with a colostomy bag as I have been told if they operate this could happen.
Avatar dr f tn
Hi, where is the origin of the cyst? retroperitoneal? as the cysts is large it can cause compressive symptoms. So it needs to be surgically excised. Depending on its location and if it adherent to surrounding structures your doctor will plan the excision. If the bowel is not involved you may not need a colostomy. Please discuss with your doctor. Regards.
Avatar n tn
Just been to hospital and they think its a duplication cyst on the bowel. I'm waiting to have a mmr scan after which I have to decided whether to have it out or to leave it and have it monitored. Still don't know what to do