Gastroenterology Community
lazy stomach, acid reflux
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

lazy stomach, acid reflux

I have received a diagnosis since December 2008 of having a lazy stomach after my esophagectomy, due to esphogeal cancer.  2/3 of my esophagus and 1/4 to 1/3 of my stomach was removed and pulled up to make a new esophagus.  I take 40 mg. of prilosec twice a day and 20 mg. of pepcid ac to control acid reflux.  Is it possible that decreasing the acid with these drugs is adding to the slowness of my stomach digesting food?  I have to be very careful what I eat, more in quantity, but type of food also, to control acid reflux, even with this amount of medication.  Botox was injected into the  pyloric valve March of 2009 to try to elevate some of this problem.  I just had gastrectomy and food was found in my stomach after having not eaten for over 15 hours.  I take probiotics, lactose intolerance aid, aloe vera, and digestive enzymes.  Do you feel these are helpful to use or should I try something else?