leaky anus after colonoscopy
I had my 1st colonoscopy 5 yrs ago and no problems afterward.  I had my 2nd one 4 days ago and have been having problems since then with anal leakage--very thin, staining my underwear.  It is not constant, but is intermittent enough that I have to wear a pad to prevent staining my clothes.  

Also, I get a rumbling "down there" and immediately have to get to the bathroom--small amount of diarrhea-like stool.

When can I expect this to stop, or is this a problem I need to get checked out?  

thanks.
Mine lasted 2 days after. Mine was clear liquid mostly. The stuff the gave me to drink before the colonoscopy was still in me producing water in my digestive sys. Not leaking anymore but I noticed it on the 3rd day passing gas that liquid was coming out too. My anus was pretty much swollen shut from my other problem so I would have been able to hold it in much better. If you still have any of this tomorrow definitely contact your doctor as something might be very irritated causing it. Up to 2 days I would think some people could have fluid from the prep still going on but 4 days seems a bit long. See what your doctor says in the morning. I am assuming there is no blood. If you see red/blood or dark fluid I'd contact your doctor right away. I get this with irritation normally so you could also be irritated inside. Either way I'd call and ask your doctor no later than tomorrow. Blood is what I'd worry about today. Just my opinion, not a doctor.
Also eat a soft diet with no spices for now in case it's irritated.
Thanks for the tips everyone.

I do not have any blood.  Wouldn't mind if it was clear.

I'll call the doc tomorrow.

i am freaking out.  today i literally "****" my pants and I didn't even know it till I went to go pee in the toilet.   My doctor says to eat a high fiber diet and give it some time. Let him know if it gets worse.  I told the nurse that relayed this message to me that I was not happy with his answer.

Isn't it bad enough that I messed myself badly?  It wasn't diarrhea--it was soft, but a lot of it.  Took me forever to clean myself up and my grandchildren ( I babysit) were wondering what was taking grandma so long to clean up.  I was wearing a pad but I still had it all over my behind and genitalia.  BTW I'm 55.

i
I had anal leakage after colonoscopy. I went to see a doctor and he said my sphincter muscles damaged during colonoscopy. Now I can not control gas and sometimes bowel. Please help.
Late comment, I know. But wondering now because I am having the same problem (i'm 62) had 2 other colonoscopys and no troubles but now after the third I am. Were you able to get this fixed.controlled?