Gastroenterology Community
leaky gut pediatric

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

leaky gut pediatric

My grandson has leaky gut syn and has mild autism behavior.  How can we heal his gut.  He is on a special diet and supplements.  Can you give me the name of a doctor in the central NJ area who specializes in leaky gut in children.
Thank you.
Joan
My 5 year old had the Same problem (or had). I have since done a lot of research, and while this did not cure him (therapy and omega 3-6-9 oils, probiotics, chillation therapy, vitamins and minerals did) I found out a lot about the following.  Please consider the following. It has drastically improved my son's health and the rest of my family's.  STAY AWAY FROM GENETICALLY  MODIFIED FOODS!! (GMOs) It must say Non-GMO on the package.  ALL CORN (most wheat)  from your regular mass producers (Think big name packaged goody companies and cereal companies) use GMO corn and wheat.  I know organic is more expensive. But GMOs cause a host of problems including INFIRTILITY in your child and grandchildren later on.  Many studies have recently reported studies which support this finding, GMO's are suspected to be the leading cause of  Irritable bowel Syndrome, Crone's disease etc.  It is known to be related to allergies and gut problems in young children.  Please do some research! This no small thing in your child's gut issues.  It may be the cause, it is definitely worsening things.  GMO's break open the cells in the digestive track using a GMO seed with built in insecticide! designed to grow crop which cracks open the insects gut on the inside.  Well guess what, it is doing it in humans too.  More and more problems related to these issues are being reported. People think "oh the problem is the wheat gluten" no the problem has become the wheat gluten because your gut can no longer process GMO wheat (sorry I digress) but get your child on Organic grains and fruits and veggies...."grains and the biggest culprit" of digestive issues right now...and now you know why. But don't take my word for it...INVESTIGATE for yourselves.  Research "Round Up" for more info. Peace.
I suspect my 3 year old son has leaky gut syndrome but only based on online research. it says to see a naturopathic doctor which is kinda scary to me. What should I expect from a visit to a naturopathic doctor. We have a pediatric gastro doctor and did a stool test for him already. the lab outside of the doctors office will not have checked for leaky gt most likely right? email me if yo respond. my correct email address is listed