Gastroenterology Community
light headness due to guerd

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

light headness due to guerd

have trouble sleeping. When I lay down feels like I have a hangover with the room spinning.. I fall asleep and wake up 2 hours later unable to sleep. I sit in a chair and fall back to sleep.Every now and then I sleep all night.I take pantoprozol for Acid reflux.

This discussion is related to Gerd and light-headed.
Hmm, I am uncertain to whether all your troubles are related to GERD. If when you lie down you feel like the room is spinning, that's more of an indication of an inner ear problem or sinus infection, not something that has to do with acid reflux. If you're having trouble sleeping especially due to do, I would think there is something else going on, and I suggest you make an appointment with your doctor to find out what that is. If the problem occurs only when you lay down, it does sound like something that has to do with the fluids in your head or the things that control balance and sence of place (inner ear, etc). Only your doctor can rule out certain things and give you a diagnosis by ordering certain tests and giving you a physical exam. I would make an appointment sooner rather than later, since this seems to be certainly effecting your sleep cylcle and must be disrupting your daily life. If lack of insurance is a probelm, you can always search for free clinics or low-income doctors on the internet. I hope you feel better soon and wish you good luck and send best wishes :)

Sara RN