Gastroenterology Community
liver cysts and enlarged liver

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

liver cysts and enlarged liver

I know  that I have multiple liver cysts, and over a year ago when my gallbladder was removed, a large cysts on my liver was removed, or should I say the front wall was removed, and the clear liquid empt ied  into my abdomin (abdomen).  Doctor said all was benign and for me to ignor all pain in that area.  I can't do that.  I feel so much pressure and pain in my liver area, and it never stops.  I feel as if there is a balloon in there the size of a football.  I also have the feeling in both my kidney areas.  Feels as if they are going to blow up.  Sometimes I sweat, and chill.  Feel nauseous, mostly at night.  I'm a 63 year old female, and have degenerative arthritis.  Only thing I can take is lortab 10, which I do sometime 3 times a day.  Have for over 2 years.  Could this medication cause my liver cysts to fill up?  And although I've not been told I have an enlarged liver, I wonder if this could be part of the problem..  Some doctors say these cysts cause me no problems or pain.  Others say, they do.  I've never had a weight problem till the last year.  I've gained about 15 pound.  And , yes, I've been binging like it is going out of style.  My fault.  But the belly fat has increased unbeliveably.  I do exercise and walk about 3 times a week.  Could possibly these cysts burst sometime, and draing into my belly?  And if they do, does it ever leave out some way?  I do have small cysts in side both kidneys.  They had not changed since the gall bladder surgery 8-07.  But a kidney specialist did check my kidneys this past Sept.  While in physical theraphy July 10, I was taked by ambulance to hospital.  It felt as if both my kidneys, and lungs blew out of my body.  The urlogist diagnosed me as having I C.   Said it is pretty bad.  Would this cause my kidneys to hurt like this?  He said the hurting in my back ribs  over my kidneys was probably arthritis.  A guess.  I don't get anywhere where my local family doctor.  She's a nurse practioner.  Always wants me to try her free samples.  And I'm so sensative to some meds.  I want to get my life back to some degree anyhow.  Really want and need some answers.  I'm to see my gyn Doctor this Thursday.  Maybe he'll listen.  I'm in pain.  Don't sleep good.  Thanks for listening................Wanda

This discussion is related to liver cysts?.