Gastroenterology Community
long hard lump & pain in left lower abdomen

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I've had this long lump about 1-2 inches in the left lower abdomen for about 3 week.  I heard that you would only get it if you are constipated, but I use bathroom regularly and only get constipated once in a while.  Just wondering if anybody knows anything about this... Sometimes it's painful and that lump part feels swollen all the time.  I can feel the lump almost right beneath the skin, and it's really hard.  The lump is quite obvious especially when I stand up rather than lying down.  Any help will do, thanks in advance!

p.s. just wondering if you would be able to feel your inflammed ovary or fallopian tubes with your fingers.  I thought they were quite deep under that skin. but i'm not so sure any more, because this lump doesn't go away...and I do have an ongoing bacterial/yeast infection.
It could be a hernia.  I had a similiar lump in 2001 on my left side.  Thought it was something wrong with my ovary and went to my ob/gyn and she diagnosed  a hernia and sent me to a surgeon and sure enough it was a hernia.  I had outpatient surgery to fix the problem and I have had no problems since.  I would advise going to the doc an having them check  it out.
Thanks for the reply.  Yeah, I went to the ob/gyn, but he told me my ovaries/tubes are ok. i know, i might just be paranoid because i do have an ongoing infection.  he told me it's not a hernia, because it's not sticking out.  i also heard for hernia, it's unbearable pain, but mine is not... hmmmm... i don't know... so confused. but i will make a GI appointment soon to get this checked out.
Yes, do make an appointment with a gastroenterologist.  It could very well be your bowels that you are feeling.  
I have chrons and I could feel mine but mostly when I was laying down.
It could be that you just have an infection in your bowels and need antibotics.

good luck.