Gastroenterology Community
lump in throat

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

lump in throat

Hello everyone. Has anyone experienced sudden onset of "lump in throat" symptoms? About 2 weeks ago I had a feeling of something stuck on the right side of my throat. Sometimes it is more noticable then other times but it has not gone away. I ahve been having a lot of belching along with this. I figure I must be swallowing a lot of air trying to get rid of the lump feeling. I have not had any heartburn. Should I make an appt. with a ENT or GI Dr. or is there something else I could try to make it go away. Any ideas would be appreciated.
hard to say.  do you have problems with indigestion?  you could have acid reflux, which can cause you to feel like you have a lump in your throat.
It might be stress.  If you have had a fever, even a low grade (99.0), you should see your doctor.
I have had a little indigestion just because I'm uncomfortable in my stomach. I have not had any heartburn or fever that I am aware of. I sometimes have a cold feeling in my throat. Anybody have that symptom and if so, what caused it? I'm wondering if I might have a hiatal hernia (my Mom and sister have one)or maybe a gall bladder problem. What are the symptoms of a gall bladder attack?
you would be going through a lot if you had gallbladder problems. Lump in throat is not a symptom. Your gallbladder is below your liver and causes serious effects if not right. I'm not sure about the hiatal hernia though
i noticed a lump in my throat about a month ago and it stuck around for about 2 weeks then it went away and a day ago it started again. it's only on my left side and it feels like some itchy small lump that won't go down. i keep swallowing but it's just stuck there. i do have acid reflux but it hasn't really done that before. any info will help. and thank you in advance
I see I'm not alone in this area. When this 1st happened I was eating some cheese sticks and it felt like some of the cheese got stuck in my throat. Ever since then, I have noticed this feeling. I nevewr have this feeling unless I'm eating solid foods. When I eat soft foods or drink any type of liquids, I never have this feeling. I've had the Barium swallow test, the camera ran down my throat, and X-rays. Everything has came back normal. I don't know if it's in my head or if something is really stuck in my throat. I DO have a lot of nasal drainage. I have been dignosed with GERD and I take protonix for the GERD and regulin (a throat/muscle relaxer). Nothing has seemed to work. If anyone can offer any advice on what to do next, it would be greatly appreciated.
I have the exact same problem.  I start to notice the lump in my throat regardless of whether or not I have recently eaten.  I feel compelled to belch frequently and not just when I try to swallow the "lump".  Sometimes the belching leads to hiccups.  It's very uncomfortable and just started out of the blue about a month ago.  I was taking antibiotics at the time for sinusitis & thought maybe it was a side effect of the medication.  I have been off of the med for 2 weeks and still suffer.  I have no idea if sinus drainage has anything to do with it or if in my case, it could have something to do with a benign tumor I have on my thyroid (possibly getting bigger?).  Regardless, I am going to make a drs. appt & feel like if it is bothersome enough to seek online advice,  you should consider doing the same.