Gastroenterology Community
mesentric panniculitis
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

mesentric panniculitis

I was recently diagnosed with mesenteric panniculitis.  Anyone else have this?  It's sort of rare.  I hope I can find a doctor to find the cause and treat it.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi, mesenteric panniculitis is a rare benign inflammatory condition of unknown origin that affects the mesenteric fat. Mesenteric panniculitis resolves spontaneously in most cases, however, palpable masses may often be found between 2 and 11 years after diagnosis. In general, treatment has been reserved for symptomatic cases. Incidental masses may be observed and left untreated. So, if you are asymptomatic at present, you can follow up with your doctor for monitoring. Regards.
Blank
Hi there -

I have a young daughter with Sclerosing mesenteritis, and as I'm sure you've found, MP and SM are very similar and often times called the same thing.  Difference is in the staging.  We have an amazing support private medical group with 66 or so members so far.  Would love to add you into our group.  Thanks.  Write back and I can get info from you etc and get you included if you like.

Lisa
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank