Gastroenterology Community
mesh hernia repair surgery
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

mesh hernia repair surgery

Hello,
I just have a few questions regarding mesh hernia repair and would really appreciate any advise or information you might have. My grandfather who is 90+ years old is having serious problems with a mesh hernia surgery that was preformed about ten years ago. He started having intense pain yesterday along with painful constipation. He had MRI's made and we will have the results tomorrow. If the mesh must come out, does it have to be replaced with another piece of mesh or are there doctors in Houston that will remove the mesh altogether and sew the muscle together? I guess I am asking if there is a way to remove the mesh & repair the problem without inserting any foreign objects. I also am concerned about anesthesia at his age. I am just very worried and don't know much at all about the topic. Any advise would be so helpful. Thank you in advance.