mesh hernia repair surgery
I just have a few questions regarding mesh hernia repair and would really appreciate any advise or information you might have. My grandfather who is 90+ years old is having serious problems with a mesh hernia surgery that was preformed about ten years ago. He started having intense pain yesterday along with painful constipation. He had MRI's made and we will have the results tomorrow. If the mesh must come out, does it have to be replaced with another piece of mesh or are there doctors in Houston that will remove the mesh altogether and sew the muscle together? I guess I am asking if there is a way to remove the mesh & repair the problem without inserting any foreign objects. I also am concerned about anesthesia at his age. I am just very worried and don't know much at all about the topic. Any advise would be so helpful. Thank you in advance.
First of all one has to see for the exact reason for pain. It may intestinal obstruction due to some cause. If mesh is the cause then still one can get away with surgery inform separating intestine from it and makes things fine. Mesh needs not to be removed. Risk of anesthesia is there but one has to take risk if there is intestinal obstruction. Please wait from MRI to come.
Wishing him good health.