Gastroenterology Community
?methadone??

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

?methadone??

This discussion is related to Chronic  Pancreatitis.

I have chronic pancreatitis and my Dr. has prescibed methadone for the pain. Is this a common drug for pancreatitis pain?
I don't think so. You must have been on other narcotics before for him to give you something this strong right? What is your dose? all the best
Hi... you sound like somebody who might be able to answer some of my questions.. hope you don't mind.. I have had severe nausea.. mid epigastric pain, radiating towards the mid back and shooting into the bilateral flank for 3-4 days.. it is uncomfortable sitting, standing, laying down.. everything.. when I try to find something that this relates too.. all I can find is pancreatitis..  since I it seems u have it.. can you tell me what it is like and if my symptoms sound like it to you???  I'm sorry to bother you.. hope you don't mind me asking!  Thanks ~
The best advice i can give you is to go to your dr.a.s.a.p . Pancreatitis is something you dont want to play around with!