Gastroenterology Community
migrating surgical clips
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

migrating surgical clips

i had my surgery 17 years ago and it went so wrong i nearly died !!i have had problems since and have spent the last 17 years in and out of hosp and dr offices trying to get help(the dr who did the surgery bailed on me,thats another story),but anyway i have so much pain. my ribs ,stomache ,and back have been feeling like they are ripping inside especially when im working.the pain has hit the bone and i have these welts on my sides,stomache and back.if im working hard they really swell and the pain is unexplainable.i have always been a happy person with a love of life ,but i feel like this is really beating me down.i was told by after having an mri that i had several clips migrating.we counted 5 plus the 4 holding the duct they never moved ,but these 5 are scattered and over the last 5years they have gotten harder to find.can these be causing me all this pain,they were metal not titanium which i no is the preffered clip of today.i read all your stories and cant believe how many of you are having migrating clips with problems.how can this be not the reason.i have had many surgeons laugh at me for the thought of it.i am so angry and feel for all of you.my other question is a few years ago i was dx with lupus,sjorgens and now have vascular problems could my body be working so hard fighting these clips that it caused an autoimmune disease??please im sorry to drag on but i am so desperate for an answer on were to turn next.im truly petrified what each month will bring.yhank you for reading my question