milk digestion
ok, so i stand to make a lot of money off of the milk challenge (drinking one gallon of milk, in one hour without vomiting) and i know its very very hard because the stomach only hold about a half gallon and milk actually needs to digest unlike water. i drink about a gallon of milk a day just cause i like it. but im wondering if i up my milk consumption can i eventually build up a tolerance so i can digest milk more quickly or is there any other way to help me digest milk more quickly?
Hi there,
Many people can tolerate digesting large amounts of milk while few may have problems like gas formation with milk and milk products such as cheese, ice cream, and yogurt. The tolerance capacity of each person varies. If the milk is full cream milk with lots of fat then you should gradually increase your intake. In our body fat is broken down by bile. Producing more bile in the gall bladder needs time and fat that doesn't get emulsified may cause intestinal distress and diarrhea. Consult a healthcare professional for more details and queries. I hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!