Gastroenterology Community
mushy poop

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

mushy poop

This is embarrassing as well as gross, but my poop over the past year or so has become mushy.  It has the consistancy of peanut butter.  Often times after I have a bowel movement more  oozes out a few minutes later.  I can wipe forever and it just won't stop.  I use to have solid stools.  What has happened?  Is it my diet?  Am I not getting enough fiber? If anyone has had a similar problem PLEASE help me.  Thank you so much.
Tags: stool, mushy, poop
I have been having the same problem as well. I'm getting a battery of tests run by my gastronologist. Tests will be completed within the next few weeks. I'll keep you updated when I know something.
It could be a number of things.  They should do a stool test to rule out bacteria, ova parasites and c diff. , a colonoscopy and CT scan to rule out things such as colitis chrons and cancer.   You could have celiac ( gluten intolerance)  or malabsorbtion .  Your first step would be to make an appt with your dr so some of these tests can rule out what it could be.  .
I have the same exact problem.  I have gotten blood work done to test celiac, stool samples tested for bacteria AND had a colonoscopy by my GE...to no avail.  My diet and my routines have stayed the same.  I have been dealing with this for 5 months no, with no change.
MY POOP IS SOOOOOOO MUSHY IM A FRECK WIHT MY POOP
When you poop in your dreams you poop for real.
You may have an allergy of peanut butter or peanuts. how often to you eat it? If you eat it often try not to eat it very much. That should help.
Try using fiber, Metamucil, Fiber one etc.  It will normally firm you up in two to three days.  Great for your colin.  Need to continue for a while or maybe forever.  If this doesn't help, see your Physcian.

Bottoms Up!
11 years.....my routine was like clockwork. had to poop everythree days. One terd, then pee, one wipe and done.....then something happened in july of 2001 at the age of 24. One day i finished breakfast and then i started getting all itchy and my hands broke out and a few hours later i went to the bathroom and it was like pooping red clay dirt. And every poop from then its been the same. i have been on a water diet for a week, cut out all bread and milk, taken fiber supplements and been tested for celiacs. Nothing shows any issues. I am so sick of this s***...literally. I have to plan my daily routine around going to the bathroom b/c the only way i can get clean is to use a wash cloth and a sink...which i can only do at home. Kill me.
PS: alllll of my childhood allergies came back that day. Milk, mold, greenbeans, pets, etc. And i know it sounds odd but they actually came back that day. it is so bizarre.