nausea, diarrhea, feeling weak
Hi there,

Last few months after I have a meal I started getting nausea and feeling weak. Also having to go to the bathroom frequently. It is not always diarrhea but a sudden urge to go to the bathroom. No heart  burn or vomitting or no blood when I go to the bathroom. Worst episode was on a trip and I had to get of the bus and had to be taken to an ER. At that time there was vomiting and I fainted. Please let me know what you think. I am going for a physical check up on Monday and would like to know what I should have them do to make sure they can diagnose my problem. I am a female 25 yrs old and not pregnant.

Thank you kindly,
Do you have any other disease or does any of your relatives have digestive symptoms? This occurs after every meal or only after particular foods? In what time after the meal symptoms occur?

Weakness and nausea after the meal may be due to:
1. dumping syndrome
2. food allergy
3. IBS

I would ask for a gastric emtying test (for dumping syndrome) and blood sugar after the meal (for postprandial hypoglycemia).