Gastroenterology Community
nausea from probiotics
About This Community:

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

nausea from probiotics

I was having the dumping syndrome after taking antibiotics.  I saw a Gastroenterologist and he suggessted taking Probiotics and Wellcore.  The dumping has stopped for the most part, however I still have it at times depending on different foods that I eat, i.e raw onions, eggs and bacon.  I am continuing to take the medication, but I am experiening a lot of nausea.  Should I stop the probiotics and stick with yogurt?  Is this nausea normal for probiotics? I also had blood work, CBC with diff, LFT, c-reactive protien and sed rate all within normal range.  Colonoscopy done 4 years ago was normal, so gastro did not feel it was necessary for another.  Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.