Gastroenterology Community
need help
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

need help

i have a gas problem which generally means that i will wake up to a severe headache vomiting and dizziness. i visited a renowened gastroentologist. he has prescribed me a medice called Relidep H plus. whenever i would miss the medicine the next day would be horrible. recently i found out that this medicine is an anti depressant. i am in a fix now. i have gained a lot of weight recently. please help me. am i addicted to it. i am not in depression to have this medicine.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
You should call the doctor who prescribed this stuff to you and make sure you actually got the correct medicine from the pharmacy.  Remicaid, for example, is used to counteract inflammation of the bowel and many other parts of the body.  That's just an example, in that could be the gastro doc prescribed you one thing, but the pharmacy misread his handwriting or something.  So, call the doc who you went to see, and ask him about the drug he prescribed.

It does sound like you may be constipated, that would create gas and make you throw up, which were part of your original symptoms.  Go to the drugstore and buy a laxative medicine, like Senokot is a mild, natural means of getting the bowels to move.  Also, drink lots of extra water, eat enough fiber foods, continue to exercise even tho you feel awful, like taking a short walk, and eat yogurt.  Once your digestion gets back on track, hopefully your symptoms will stop.
Blank
Thank you very much for your reply. i will certainly get back to the doctor about the same.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...