need relief from anal fissure
I have had an anal fissure for over a year as well as an internal hemroid.  The severity of the symptoms fluctuates but can get vey painful.  i take miralax, sitz baths and eat well and excercise.  Are there other treatments i should try or things to do to relieve the pain?  i have another doctors appointment next week but am looking for something in the interim so that i can go about my dialy life.

thnaks
I had an annal fissure for several years. It would occur after a hard bowel movement and would produce blood for a few days. I assumed it was hemorrhoids. Even a flex. sig. suggested that it was hemorrhoids.

Finally, after being referred to a Rectal Surgeon, it was diagnosed as an annal fissure. By now it had become chronic with no relief from the pain after a BM.  The pain usually lasted about 6 hours and then gradually reduced as I would go into the evening.

The surgeon recommended a sphincterotomy with a an excise of the fissure and the removal of a skin tag. It has now been four days since the surgery and I no longer have the kind of pain associated  with BM's.  

I do have some blood and some fecal incontenance when passing gas. However, I am advised this will all go away in a few weeks. I hope so and that I can report complete success. The pain from the fissure was almost unbearable and about anything else is an improvement.
I, too, had an anal fissure in June.  After taking the Nitroglycerine and Lidocaine ointment I was relieved after 8 days.  Now, 5 months later, I am in pain again -  but mostly a burning sensation.  It hasn't been painful to have a bowel movement.  The pain is throughout the day.  I will most likely have to go back to a doctor to see if there's another fissure or if it is something else.  I don't believe it's hemmorhoids.  I just hope I don't need surgery.  One doctor suggested Botox injected into the sphinctor muscle.  But that would leave me incontinent for gas - not a very pleasant thought for me or anyone in my presence!! Any suggestions?