Gastroenterology Community
no gallbladder and still having symptoms

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

About a year ago I had my gallbladder removed. I still have the cramping, pressure and discomfort in my upper abdomen. I also have the shoulder pain I did when I had a gallstone attack. My BMs are never consistent, one day it will be watery, the next gray or even an orange color. I have yellow diharrea from time to time and even throw up yellow crap. I have been to numerous Drs and all tests seem to be normal. I feel like crap and never know when an "attack" will happen. Please help.
Tags: abdomen
The changes in stool consistency and color could suggest you're experiencing changes in the release of bile. Gray can mean lack of bile; orange can mean the presence of fat in the stool (fat malabsorption) and diarrhea can be due to the release of too much bile.

If you're not following a low fat diet, you may want to consider doing so. In many cases it can be very helpful after the GB is removed.

However, if you're throwing up yellow stuff, it suggests that's bile and the problem should be checked out with your doctor. There are individuals that have residual stones lodged in the common bile duct, or they make new ones after the GB is gone. That as well as spasms of the common bile duct can result in the type of shoulder pain you're experiencing. You may want to ask the doc about doing an MRCP to check out the state of your biliary system.
Hi...ask for a test to see if u may have H.Pylori, it is not uncommon for someone to develop this after GB surgery.

Good luck
"selma"
Try taking a probiotic in the morning and a digestive enzyme after eating. See if that helps. They will do a CBD test to make sure no stones were left.