nursing care plan (case)
Ms. kas, 29 years old, presents to the triage nurse at the local emergency department, complaining of severe general;ized abdominal pain. She describes the pain as sharp and intermittent. She states, "Over the last four days, I have not been able to have a bowel movement." She states that she is able to drink liquids and is urinating without difficulty. Bowel sounds are present in all four quadrants, however, they are hypoactive (decreased or quiet peristalsis). Abdomen is distended and firm to touch. She states, "two weeks ago I feel and hurt my back. My doctor gave me a prescription for Tylenol #3 and i have been taking it every six hours for pain. " She denies pain at the present time. Abdominal X rays reveal a large amount of stool in her lower colon. All other diagnostic tests are unremarkable.

Questions:
1. make nursing care plan,
nursing diagnoses,
and nurses notes
regarding this case.

This discussion is related to distended stomach.
Im no nurse, but my first thought was the tylenol 3.  Codeine constipation - happens every time I take it.  Two weeks/every six hours is alot of time on it, blah.  Id be hurtin too.  Just my untrained two cents.
Does the same to me to, anything with codeine bungs me up for days and gives me severe tummy ache.  I use an ibuprofin based pain reliever now like Volteral/diclofenac
yup inteks - the codeine and lack of physical activity from the back injury - that poor lady may wanna step down from the Tylenol 3.  My tummy hurt just from reading that case history...lol.