Gastroenterology Community
odd stools with constipation
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

odd stools with constipation

About two months ago, I returned from a backpacking trip gone wrong and since I have been suffering with stomach pain and bloating off and on but normal stools. But about a week ago a strange new symptom immerged and I cannot figure it out so please help!!!

I felt extremely constipated no BM for three days, but then when I would strain to go, a very small amount of loose (almost diarrhea like) light colored stool would come out (yellowish/very pale)
This went on for a few days, very constipated but gassy and passing minute amount of this loose light colored stool (one time even greenish)

Finally I took ExLax and went A LOT and the stool was a normal color.
I felt un-constipated but had very bad gas pains for two days afterwards.
That was three days ago and I have not had a BM since (re-constipated,) but today I had the gas with tiny diarrhea light stool AGAIN and I am disturbed that the symptoms are back.

What can cause this? Constipated but with a little diarrhea of odd color at the same time? Help! Thanks.