Gastroenterology Community
pacer for gastroperesis

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

pacer for gastroperesis

Ive heard that there is a pump for patients with gastroperesis , does anyone have or know about them? am getting set for botox injections, guess this might be my next step.
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  Yes, the gastric stimulator is a common treatment for gastroparesis that is not helped by meds.  I know quite a bit about the gastric stimulator.  Have you tried dietary changes?  What medications have you tried?  According to the newest research, in typical cases of gastroparesis, botox injections are no better than saline injections (meaning the only effect from botox injections is the placebo effect).