Gastroenterology Community
pain, bloating, diarrhea, gas for 5+ days now...
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pain, bloating, diarrhea, gas for 5+ days now...

I have had mild to severe back and abdominal pain, diarrhea, gas, and bloating in my abdomen for 5 days now. It started Wednesday night, and the pain came on suddenly after I had been off work a few hours. This was the next to last day of work at an archaeological site, which lasted 6 weeks. I was not used to the work, I think this may have something to do with this. Anyhow, I skipped dinner wednesday because of the pain being so severe. I was able to eat the next day but felt uncomfortable afterward.

Today, since last night was full of pain from eating 3 whole meals, I have abstained from eating all but jello. I have been trying to replace the liquids I have lost from the diarrhea, but I am not sure any of this is helping. I do feel much better when I dont eat. I have not vomited, though when I bend over while wearing jeans, I feel like I am about to.

I am avoiding going to the hospital due to lack of insurance and finances hence my coming here for help. Any feedback as to if it is simply viral or whatnot would be appreciated.