Gastroenterology Community
pain, swelling in right side

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

pain, swelling in right side

i am having pain and swelling on my right side.  it has been going on for over a week now.  it is right where my gallbladder is located.  i had an ultrasound done with no signs of problems.  also a cat scan with no signs.  now i am having a hida scan.  i also have noticed some swelling in my hands and feet.  i live in the middle of nowhere and only have a gp for a dr.  don't get me wrong, i value his opinion, but i am starting to get worried.  does this even sound like a gallbladder attack?
What do you mean with "swelling on my right side"? Is pain constant and what kind of pain is it? Does it radiates somewhere? Any change in stool habit? Have you ever had any liver disease?

Are you bloated, have problems with excessive gas?
my right side underneath my breast about 3 inches it is swollen.  the pain is constant and yes it radiates around to my back. no change in stool habits.  they said my liver was a little dense and that some enzyme was a little high but after some fluids it went down. the ultrasound also said the pancreas was difficult to see.  some gas but nothing out of the ordinary.