Gastroenterology Community
pain after colonoscopy

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

pain after colonoscopy

I had a colonoscopy yesterday that went fine.  They didn't find any polops but did find a few diviturcula pouches that seemed fine.  Now today I have pain in the middle of my stomach that comes and goes.  It's pretty sharp for a few moments but then lets up.  I had a colonoscopy 8 years ago and don't recall having this after discomfort.  Also during the procedure I remember 3 episodes of cramping pain that brought me out of the sedation for a few seconds.  
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  It is probably just gas from the colonoscopy but if it continues or gets worse you should see your doctor about this.