Gastroenterology Community
pain after eating
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pain after eating

Does anyone have pain in the lower part of their neck and upper back after they eat

This discussion is related to STABBING BACK PAIN AFTER EATING.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
363281_tn?1353103243
I have, at times, had similar pain. Mine is mainly due to a Hiatal Hernia. You see, when we eat, it causes pressure in our upper abdomen, and this can push up toward the throat and upper back through the diaphram. Actually, hiatal hernias can mimic lots of things, such as heart attacks. Some folks have them so badly, they can not even swallow.

Do you experience any acid reflux or heartburn, these are also tell-tale signs of a hiatal hernia.
Blank
Yes, I quite frequently get pan in my upper back in between the shoulder blades and up the back of my neck along with severe burning in my throat and I have a small hiatal hernia.  In my opinion, a hernia can cause a lot of odd symptoms.  There are even times where I feel like I can not breathe efficiently due to the amount of pressure it creates in my upper abdomen and chest.  
Blank
Maybe a hiatal hernia is causing my issues. .  My doctors suspects I have one, along with acid reflux, based just on symptoms.  I'm getting so many random pains after eating, it's ridiculous.  Recently I've had the upper part of my back, my neck, and even my shoulders ache right after eating/drinking.  Actually have an appointment with a gastroenterologist tomorrow so hopefully I'll find out for sure what's going on soon.  I've been having upper abdominal tenderness, slight nausea, burping like crazy, and frequent hiccups.  This is miserable!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...