pain after total gastrectomy
my mom was diagnosed with stomach cancer about 8 months ago, and removed the entire stomach. luckily, it didnt spread to any other parts but was found in lymph nodes during the surgery (stage 2-3). so she went through 6months of chemo and just finished her last round about 2 months ago.
she seemed to be fine, but for the past months, her stomach has been very bloated (looks like her intestines are full and expanded her stomach). the CT scan came out fine, and the doctor really doesnt know whats going on. he recommends another X ray to examine the instestines. did anyone else have a problem like this before??
oh, and she still has a feeding tube that she uses since she can't really swallow food. im thinking this may be the side effect?
Hi my father had the total gastrectomy 4 months ago but still he feels full and not eating anything.Its getting worse since he is having his 4th chemotherapy.I really don't know what does that mean"bloated stomach"?
but my father feels pain in his stomach(maybe the part that his esophagus and intestine are joined) and he feels really full.
he even avoids to drink because of the pain.has anybody had the same experience?