pain in lower abdomen related to bowel??
i have been having pain in my lower abdomen for about 10 days. i dont consider it pelvic pain which i have had bouts with only because it is not only in my pelvis. at first i though that it was my birth control because my periods have been all out of whack, but as of the past few days it has been strictly related to gas and bowel movements. i have pain 24/7, but i get really bad sharp pains right before a bowel movement or passing gas. i can't sit, laugh, cough, stand, bend over, or anything without it hurting. i get no relief from heating pads. my bowel movements are pretty normal which leads me to believe that i am not constipated... i can't figure this out.. anybody else experiencing these symptoms?
I walked around with your symptoms for about ten days as well....Then I got what I would describe as deathly sick. Diagnosis...Appendicitis
well it's been 11 days and the pain has subsided for now. it's still there but is much duller. no more stabbing it the floor pain. sis you have good and bad days also?
did* you have good days and bad days?? sorry i mispelled a few things there.
Mine came and went for at least ten days. It was just a dull stabbing/throbbing pain in my lower abdomen, anywhere from the middle to the right side. I thought nothing of it. And, yes there were days that I barely felt it at all. On the last night...I had dinner at Chili's and started getting an upset stomach before I went to bed. I just thought it was from all the junk I ate at Chili's. I woke up a few hours after going to bed and was the sickest I have ever been in my entire life. I initially thought I had food poisoning. However, no matter how much I threw up, I felt no better. If it were food poisoning, I would have gotten relief from the throwing up. Eventually that night, I went to the ER and was diagnosed with appendicitis. I had an emergency appendectomy that morning. One thing to keep in mind...the pain was never severe, like people often describe it as. It did become more constant that night, but never unbearable. Appendicitis is a life threatening condition if your appendix bursts, so you may wish to see your doctor just to be safe.
oh wow!! that sounds terrible. well i would have thought about appendicitis except that i have had a scare with appendicitis and it turned out to be a kidney stone but it was low right side pain. this pain i have been experiencing lately is all over it goes from around my ovaries and female organs to right below my belly button where my intestines are. the first few days i thought it was female pain as i have had many cysts on my ovaries. it felt like i was on my period kinda but worse. then over the course of the next few days up until the 10th day it felt like gas but much more severe than any gas i've ever had. with pains that actually dropped me to my knees. for the first 9 to 10 days the pain was excruciating stabbing pain in my stomach and lower pelvic area. it came and went probably every 5 to 10 minutes (the stabbing pains). then yesterday i was in pain but more of a dull pain. then today a little duller. the first 10 days though i could not sit down at all or the pain would shoot through my stomach like someone was stabbing me all over. now i am sitting fine but i have to sit very upright or i can feel the pain. my only problem with thinking it was gas or something with my colon was that when i had a bowel movement the pain did not get better. it just stayed the same. and my reason for not thinking it was female pain was it didnt feel the same as what i experienced before. i know i am not pregnant so that is not an option although everyone on the outside just assumes thats what it is. but that is not possible. i didnt think it was kidney pain because my kidney stones hurt me in my lower back as well and this did not. i don't know what else it could possibly be. and since it is almost gone now i dont know what to think. im super puzzled because what you are describing to me is not how i have felt either..... well maybe it will completely go away.... although i would have liked to have known what it was. i figured maybe i could find out on here if anybody had the same symptoms but it does sound kinda odd huh?