Gastroenterology Community
pain in rt hip & rt. leg

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

pain in rt hip & rt. leg

I am a 49 yr. old lady and have sharp pain in my rt. hip and it goes all the way down my rt. leg.  It hurts when I get up out of bed or a chair or move a certain way.  But it seems when I have a bowel movement or pas gas it feels better for awhile then comes back.  I am not running fever or nauseated. It started with a gnawing and colic feeling in my abdomen abou 2 weeks ago. Then it went to my lower back and lower stomach and now it feels like something is lodged in my rt. hip.  Also when I mash in that certain place on my hip it hurts bad.  The pain seems to get better in the eve. and is worst in the morn. when I 1st get out of bed.  I have had a ct scan and they found a large Ventral Hernia in my abdomen.  One Dr. told me it was nothing to worry about and another told me it needed to be removed.  I have had the lower back pain and stomach pain before but it has never been lodged in my hip like this. The Dr. tels me to dring a lot of water and eat fiber, which I have been doing.  I am still in pain.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be the problem?   Thank you